Sunday, May 29, 2005

Heel!

Wicca is definately ready for Lethbridge. She is doing great and seems to be enjoying the work. I was a bit worried about the stand for exam with her- seeing as how she is so wiggly but she truly knows what stay is all about and doesn't budge an inch. I will be training even harder over the next few weeks to get her heeling even better and am excited about going into the ring with her...

Sam is doing awesome. He will heel for about ten paces or so head up watching me and is very enthusiastic. I thnk he will be great fun once I start working him more. I have been taking him to the girls training sessions and he has been great around the other dogs- no barking, no lunging.. I think with him it was the fact that he probably had never met any other dogs until they dropped him off at the shelter and then learned that other dogs are scary...Now he barely even looks there way before looking at me to make sure its okay...what a clever boy....

Unfortunately I haven't been working with Kate as much as I would have liked. I sent her and Wicca's entry though so I should really get on it. She seems to be in good spirits when I have trained a bit so that is a good sign. I am a little bummed out that I didn't enter the regionals this year. I just didn't have the money at the time and was a little worried I would have a replay of last years- where Kate was the worst I have ever seen her- spooking at judges, leaving the rings, knocking bars....So this year I decided not to bother. Maybe next year...

I am planning on doing some training this afternoon so I will probably have some things to say later...

No comments: