Sunday, February 01, 2009

Weekend News- Wicca

What a weekend!!! We had a great time, and I have lots of news. In fact, I have so many things to say that I will have to split it up into a few posts. This is Wicca's post...

I had Wicca entered in Rally- one trial is all they offered each day. She did great!

The first day I got a little lost- and had to take a second to figure out which way I was supposed to go. Silly, I know. But we did great! Her heeling was awesome- she was heads up the whole time and didn't do anything weird. I was super stressed after I walked it. Weird I know. But once I was in the ring I mellowed out a bit. I mean, it is novice for goodness sakes! The class was huge though- lots of Ultra Competitive Obedience people are now doing rally "for fun" so the other people in the class are high in trial Utility dogs- We kicked butt though and came in third over 25 dogs. We scored a 95/100. Two points were my fault for getting lost, one for tight leash, and two more for sloppy sits..

The second day I was super stoked when I saw the course- it was very flowy and I knew we could do it fast- which is the way wicca likes it! Because of potential conflict in the Group ring I moved to the front of the list- and was a little flustered at first. Somehow I managed to momentarily get lost. Again. I had to look for the number 4....geesh. Anyway, I only lost two point for that! She was great the whole rest of the way and we scored a 96/100 coming in Second place! Woohoo!



I was really impressed with Wicca all weekend. She worked great, and it made me realise how much I miss Obedience. I am going to get back to it- soon. I bought new Dumbbells, and am going to put aside one night a week to work my own dogs in Obedience.

I did get a photo done on Saturday- and will post it when I get it scanned. It turned out pretty good- even though I am in it!!!

8 comments:

Sarah said...

of course you were nervous, it was pretty much your first time in the rally ring!!! well CKC anyway, and your first time in the ring in 2 years since Wiccies CD!!!! but your nerves didn't show on the video at all! and wicca looked great, huge improvement in her 'tude.

um ... you can get around an agility course with this lightning fast dog in 34 seconds - with 18 obstacles -and with numbers

.... it makes me laugh that you got lost :). i'm gonna raz you at class this week :)

Jules said...

Really nice!! Congratulations.

Dawn said...

Sounds like a very good weekend. yes some breed people are a little difficult to say the least. Yeah to Wicca for some pretty darn good scores too.

onecollie said...

way to go!!!! wish I could have seen Wicca do her thing, & in comfort too with those gorgeous short nails, hee hee!!

Kim said...

Wicca, I knew you would be great! You both looked great out there.

Muttsandaklutz said...

Hey, nice run! (Not sure if "run" is the right term in rally...) My hound mix and I just started rally so it was very neat to watch you and Wicca tear up the course. What a cool little dog.

Kim said...

Congrats, those are some great scores in really big classes!

Rally is my absolute favorite event!

Anonymous said...

I challenge you to get Kyser to do that. HAHAHA! That is really impressive. Good job ladies!!