Tuesday, February 24, 2009

so smart

I took Boone to the arena tonite for class and he rocked. He did very very well, and all the training we are doing at home is totally paying off.

I started just with some backchaining on the afram and he drove into position for three reps. Success!

I then added some speed and the full height- and he nailed it. We did around 12 reps (split up of course) and he only had problems three times- twice he creeped down the last steps, and the other time he jumped- but I am thrilled with how well he did.

We also worked on some serpentines, and start lines. He did great and picked up my serp cue no problem.

The second half of the class was weave based and again he nailed it. The whole first exercise and he had one little bobble. He was very confident in the poles and had lots of speed. I was almost speechless!

Wicca came too and didn't start off so well- she knocked the first, second, and third bar. Geesh. After missing a turn and doing some rewarding for jumping she was much better. I spent a lot of time on my turn cue and am happy with how she is doing.

Overall it was a very good night- I got a lot in with my dogs.

No comments: