Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Out with the old...

I don't have a home phone- and instead rely completely on my trustworthy cell phone.

In the past I've had awful luck with cell phones- I've washed them in the washer, flushed one down the toilet, lost a few, and generally go through cell phones pretty quickly.

This time, I've had the same phone for more that a year! Which is pretty amazing for me. Because I've never had a phone die from natural causes I wasn't expecting it to die so quickly! Just a few weeks ago the front screen stopped working and you could see just an eery blue color. Last week the #9 stopped working altogether. And lately it has been getting very, very warm when I charge it. It was time. Without a phone how would I talk to all my friends.... :o)
I've been looking online at all the different phones to replace it. I really wanted an I Phone...but I am with Telus and would have to switch to Rogers...not something I wanted to do. I have heard awful reviews of the Telus version of the IPhone and didn't want to chance it. So I compromised and got a phone that still has lots of great features, but isn't quite as "cool" as the IPhone. and So I decided on the Blackberry Curve. So far, I love it

I ordered it on Monday and it was delivered this morning. It was relatively easy to program and now I am learning how to use all the cool functions. It is easy to use, and I really enjoy the keyboard- makes emailing (and blogging) pretty easy! Hopefully I won't lose it, or wreck it, or flush it anytime soon!

5 comments:

Diana said...

It sounds like you are the type of person who should by the insurance on your phone. I usually dont buy it, but for my daughters new phone I did. She has the same trouble taking care of her phone as you do. ( except you pay for yours) Diana

Anonymous said...

Cool phone. Insurance is a GREAT idea! Chase has twice eaten my Palm TREO. After two replacements you do become uninsurable I've discovered (the hard way).

Nicki said...

I loooove my iPhone. But we were already on the right phone company here in the US to get one.

Lucy Lu said...

Blackberry Curve - Awesome

dreameyce said...

I keep wanting a fun 'play phone', but have stuck to my cheap, trusty 'normal' phones.

We're thinking next time upgrading to a data plan, and getting an internet phone.

The only PROBLEM is... then I'd never, ever be away from the internet... not even when out walking the dogs ;0P