Thursday, February 05, 2009

Fine Tuning


For the past few weekends Boone (and Vito) have stayed at Wendy's house. And I haven't had the camera home for a while- so here is a photo of Boone that Wendy took- for those of you who read Wendy's blog you've seen it already, but I like it and thought it was cute!
One of my goals for this year was to work more on obedience- Boone is no exception so we've started working a little bit everyday. I have sent the envelope with his PEN number information so I am starting to work more seriously with him in Obedience. He is a pretty decent heeler- but loses focus on about turns- and will sometimes just "float" away from me. I have to work hard at staying connected with him at this point.
I have also started teaching him what "Front" means, and Stand stays. He is doing pretty well. I think for him it will be the Stand Stay that will be the struggle- he has good stays in general and is learning good heeling skillls.
He is a joy to work with and I am pretty impressed with how quickly he catches on to stuff!

No comments: