Sunday, February 15, 2009

Pixel learning to heel

I have been teaching Pixel to heel off and on now since she was a baby. Today I was training and thought it would be fun to video how she is doing. I train heeling with no leash- later on I will add a leash and start to ask for more precision- at this stage I want a happy puppy who wants to be with me. I reward her for when she is not forging- and use a clicker to mark any backwards movement on our inside turns.

Pixel is very attentive and is eager to work for the reward. Usually I vary the reward between food and toys, but for both of these sessions I used food only. I added music so you wouldn't have to listen to Wicca barking in the background :o)

5 comments:

Jules said...

Oh my goodness. She is just too much. Great job! Good girlie, is right on.

Anonymous said...

That's it -- I'm going to mail my boy to you. When he's got all this obedience stuff down, you can send him back. Your little girl is just too cute. What fun she's going to be to watch in competition.

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!

^..^Corgidogmama said...

The music was perfect to go along with the video...what fun!!!

onecollie said...

she is a good girlie!!!!