So far, here is the fall out.......how long it goes on will depend on how miss Pixels immune system deals with this, and how quickly she responds to treatment.
anyway, here goes...
Exposed Sarah's dogs- who now have to be treated and hopefully not affected
Exposed Cindy's dog and Cat- who now have to be treated and hopefully not affected
Thank God I did not let Pixel play with anyone at Puppy Class on Monday, or Agility on Tuesday.
- Just over $100 for initial Revolution treatment for all four dogs
- Just under $100 for Pixel's exam and antibiotics
- Staying home all weekend- had to change plans to go to a funmatch tomorrow
- Withdrew from Agility trial next weekend- thankfully I get to keep my entry mone- but still really, really annoys me that I had to pull.
- Will not be attending any classes this week with any of the dogs- puppy class, agility class, and obedience. Nothing. I will still train at home of course, but I have no agility equipment at home- and all of those nights *I* still have to go and teach which means that my dogs are going to be left at home.........................
- Pixel will not be attending any classes for three weeks- hopefully not longer. As long as it goes away in two weeks she will be in the clear.
- No off leash dog park walks
- No daycare for any of my dogs for three weeks- Pixel is spending far too much time in a crate.
I don't blame anyone in particular- these things happen, and are bound to when dogs spend time with other dogs. But in this case it could have been prevented. And that makes me mad.
Some people just don't get it. Decisions and Choices that one person (or a group of people) make can effect not only themselves, but also a whole bunch of people. It just doesn't seem really fair. In writing this I feel like a whiner- which isn't really who I am. But I am pretty pissed off about the whole thing and this is my blog and I can whine if I want to....
Frankly I feel badly for my friends and coworkers who have to deal with me being so grumpy....
Starbucks will be on me on Monday. It might make up for my grumpiness.