Sunday, March 08, 2009

Blizzard Lips and Meatball..

those were two of my favorite bulls at the PBR bull riding competition tonite.

Okay, so normally I am not a very "rodeoish" kind of person. I don't really like rodeos for a few reasons- the main reason is how the animals are treated. But- I do like cowboys in tight jeans, and bull riding is pretty exciting.

My friend Jolene LOVES bull riding and after a very dissapointing "rodeo" this summer she wanted to go to the real thing when it came through town. So Wendy, Jolene and I ventured into hickville...er, I mean cowboy land for an evening of laughs, some mumbling, and some pretty neat bulls.

The first thing I noticed was how many people there were! The enmax center was packed almost- The second thing I noticed was all the cowboys, and the cowboy wannabe's. You could tell the real thing apart from the fakes pretty easily- all the fakes had brand new hats. :o)

The bulls themselves were full of piss and vinegar- not too many guys were able to stay on- and it wasn't until the last round that the riding was good- very good. Lots of 8 second rides. The bulls had cool names- Convict, Meatball, Ruckus, etc. and then there were the "odd" names- Blizzard Lips was a big white bull with black spots all over his face. Cavity Search was a big blonde bull who was pretty angry- musta been mad about his name!!!

Only one bad stomp by a bull- the rider is okay- maybe a few broken ribs- but not dead. I can't imagine the risk these guys take- every weekend. Wowsers. Though the winner won $7500! For 16 seconds combined riding- pretty darn good I'd say!

It was a pretty entertaining evening, Jolene is already talking about getting better seats next year :o)

3 comments:

Diana said...

I dont know why anyone would ride bulls. Its seems crazy. I watched some last night on TV. The poor guy got his head stepped on. Was knocked out and his head was bleeding. The funny thing was he didnt get picked up by the ambulance. No neck brace. They just kinds woke him up and carried him out. That seemed even more insane to me. I dont know if he was ok because it was the end of the show and they said you could go to the PBR web site and check his status. I didnt do that. Poor guy. I havent seen any women do that sport. They are not supid. LOL Diana

Holly said...

I so love watching the PBR!! The guys are nuts but it is so exciting. Been to it live twice!

Nicki said...

can't go wrong with cowboys in tight jeans