Monday, March 02, 2009

New Places and Training Update

I've been making a point of taking Pixel to many new places and train. We've gone to a few new parks for walks, and I change up our walk each time- exploring different neighborhoods and seeing new things. She is pretty unflappable but I have found that she takes a while to settle and actually be able to listen in new places.

Tonight I took all four of them to a new park and did a bit of training with each of them. While they waited their turn they were tied up on a fence and were all very well behaved. Pixel had never been tied like that before and she just sat and watched the action. I made Pixel go last and she was very excited to play by the time it was her turn. We worked on heeling, stays, circle work and fetching. She was a bit distracted when a few other dogs walked by but quickly recovered.

She is very eager this pup!

Wicca, Boone, and Vito worked on heeling, stays, recalls, sit/down/stand signals and Wicca worked on her drop on recall as well. I had only brought an old tennis ball as a reward so I was pretty impressed how well everyone worked for it!

After we went to the big park and played fetch. Pixel is learning to stay even with heavy duty distractions! She held a stay while Vito fetched twice! I'm determined to have a dog with a good stay. All the practice is paying off already!

Of course everyone was covered in mud and grossness- short dogs are the worst for dirty under-bellies. They all had to have a little rinse off when we got home. :o)

No comments: