Monday, October 13, 2008

Long Weekend

Saturday morning my friend Kim and I went sheepherding at Scott and Jenny Glen's place. I took just Boone and he did great! He is really learning how to read my body language better. He had a great time- I love seeing him boss those sheep around. Kim's dogs- Maggie and Bosley (Bernese Mountain dogs), did pretty good and they had LOTS of fun! I think that Kim should for sure take them out more....once she works on Maggie's self control...that is :o)
Sunday was spent puttering around my house, cleaning etc- we did a little training in the yard but otherwise didn't do too much fun.
Monday- Thanksgiving Day- Natalie and I took EIGHT dogs down to her in-laws farm for a nice run. The dogs had a blast- Wicca did great- no sign of a limp. Vito of course got disgustingly dirty- he LOVES cow poop :o) Boone had fun chasing leaves and running around. It was a great way to spend the morning. I borrowed Wendy's camera and got some great photos. Here is one of my all time favorite ones of Wicca. The group shot...see little white dog- that is Shady, my little foster dog- isn't she cute?

Vito smearing some of the cow poop off his face :o) Gross, I know.

And now I am ready for turkey dinner! The dogs will all get a bath after dinner sometime- there is no way they are sleeping on my bed smelling the way they do!

6 comments:

miradukesadie said...

eight? Vito, Wicca, Boone, Shady, Kato, Ivy, whose the other 2? and how did you transport them! lol!

I want Spike.

Paws on the Run said...

That is a GREAT photo of Wicca!!! I love all the dog bums too.

Diana said...

I love the picture of Wicca. Great expression. Diana

Marcy said...

What great pics!! That photo of Wicca is amazing.

Jules said...

great pics. looks like everyone had a blast!

Anonymous said...

We had: Kato, Ivy, Kyser & Bucky (Alana's dogs) Wicca, Vito, Boone and Shady. Only needed three crates and a truck!! Alana is in China for over two weeks. I will be going down to the farm again soon, if anyone wants to meet us down there...? its only a half hour from Leth and worth it, its beautiful down there.