Wednesday, October 08, 2008

dirty dogs

I have lived in the same house for two years now- when I first moved in new carpets had been installed on the stairs, and in the livingroom. The carpet is a light grey color (i.e. dark white). As you can imagine with my "many, muddy paws" I keep the floor covered with an assortment of unattractive area rugs. It doesn't look so great but has done a decent job of protecting the floors.

A month ago my landlord decides she wants to put new carpet in the bedrooms. Ugh. So, my dear, dear dad helped me empty each room and pull up first the carpet, and then the underlay. The day for the new carpets was yesterday.

Guess what color they are? C'mon guess. Uh Huh. Off White. So yesterday afternoon I went around to all the major stores (Canadian Tire, Zellers, Walmart etc.) in search of cheap, ugly area rugs. I was quite content with the ugly green rugs that were in there before- at least I didn't stress out about them!


Because even this cute, innocent dog gets muddy feet!

2 comments:

onecollie said...

oh how I wish I could get new rugs put in here!!....we have ugly orange! Better yet, I'd even take cheap hardwood....

Sarah said...

hey you could clean their feet before they come downstairs?? OR make then wear rubber boots??

... i keep a bucket and towels at my door in mud weather ....

...one of K's feet is bigger than one of your dogs 4!!!!....