Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Fever

Okay, so I am having HUGE puppy fever. Like I think about it all the time kind of puppy fever. Bad News. I really do not need a puppy right now and am planning for one next year. But I am really itching for one.

To hold back the puppy fever I have started the process of searching for the right breeder. It is going to take a while to find the "right" breeder, and then the "right" puppy. I am looking for another Cardigan. I had considered getting a baby Pyr Shep but my heart really is pushing for a Cardi.

I have contacted and spoke with many breeders, and have been looking at website after website. I don't think I have ever researched a breeder so much but I am looking for a very specific type of dog so I want to make sure I make the right choice! I have found that most Cardigan breeders I have talked to are great- they get back to you right away, they answer questions, and all in all it has been a really great experience so far. There are a few who haven't returned emails, or not bothered to call back but that is okay as at least it helps to weed out the breeders I don't want to deal with!

Here are the links to some of the ones I have taken more than a "second look" at.

Foggy Bottom
Cornerstone
Hedgerow

There are others of course- I am sure that I have looked at everything on the internet that is Cardigan Corgi related- BUT these people/dogs stick out in my mind.

That of course could change, but I thought I would admit finally that yes, I am in the market for a puppy in the next year.

I will continue to update you on the progress of my Puppy Fever :o)

4 comments:

GeeRome said...

A bad case of puppy fever resulted in me getting Romeo! I know exactly how you feel. I think most women my age start craving babies ... but I was craving puppies!

I have to say, as much as I love my Shelties, Corgi puppies have got to be the cutest puppies EVER! I look forward to checking out the new puppy pics in the next year!

the Corgi Girls said...

Cardi puppies, yay!

onecollie said...

hey, the Foggy Bottom kennels have collies!!, smart people!
I didn't know cardigans could be black & white!!....cute cute!

Jules said...

How excited!! If you got a Cornerstone dog they would be related to the Bug and Monty!