Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Creepy

So yesterday someone walked into my work and stole my purse from behind the desk, and a work video camera. I was really, really ticked off.

I mean what kind of person walks into a business and steals. Slime, that's who. Lethbridge is slowly but surely becoming the kind of place where you don't dare walk after dark (without dogs) or leave your door unlocked- even when you're home. It's kind of scary.

At work we have a light and buzzer that tells us when someone comes in- I saw the light and headed for the front right away- I saw a man in a plaid blue coat leaving. Weird. So I followed him out and was just in time to see him hop on his bike- my bag hanging from his arm.

I called the cops, and reported it- I was told that his fellow had done something similar previously in the morning. Great.

I then called my boss, arranged to have the locks replaced at work (my keys were in the purse), and then called the bank to cancel cheques, etc. What fun.

The police call me shortly after- they have found the man but my purse was not with him- however the video camera was. Great.

Remember all this is happening at work- Wendy has hurt her back and was off for the day so it was me and Jolene all afternoon.

The police call again and say they will be by with the man as he wants to apolagise. Uh Huh.
Apparently he is a total crack head (maybe Natalie's neighbor??!!) and was looking for quick cash. Oh, and he remembered where he left the purse.

So they come by half hour later with the creepy man and my purse- sans wallet. The cheque book, debit card and other assorted purse crap is returned, as well as the keys.

Of course the lock guy has already changed the locks. Swell.

And then the police are at the daycare for 45 minutes during the busiest time of the day- dogs leaving, people asking (of course) if everthing was okay, trafffic was stopped. Great.

All because some slime ball of a person thought it would be a good idea to steal a freakin' purse.

I went home last night and washed the purse, and was going to throw it out but couldn't do it as I reallllly like that purse. But I might put it away for a while before using it again.

The dogs and I had a good night in- I didn't leave the house after 8pm and just hung out and played fetch.

7 comments:

Deirdre said...

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that Amanda. Glad to hear you had most things returned. Perhaps you should keep that sort of thing locked in the filing cabinet from now on.

Oh, and teach Chewy to ATTACK!

Sarah said...

you should bring Kate to work. she should be the greeter. :)

did you play fetch or did your dogs hehe

Marcy said...

That just sucks.

coopercreek said...

How horrible. It's a shame that people like that are out there. I'm glad the guy was caught and your purse was recovered.

GeeRome said...

That is so creepy! It's getting like that everywhere. A couple of weeks ago, some drunk guy broke into my car as it was sitting in the driveway, then proceded to try and get in through the front door of the house ... while everyone was home and sitting in the front room watching TV.

They've got guts now, that's for sure.

Diana said...

Thats terrible. But I think that may be your lucky purse. I dont know anyone who got there stuff back when there purse was stolen. Good for you. Diana

Kim said...

I would be creeped out too.

I am glad you got most of your stuff back though.