Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Year Ago

A Year ago today I posted about having the fever, and starting the search for a breeder. I was taking it slow, not in a rush. And then I saw her. I applied for Pixel shortly after stumbling across her picture on the breeders website. From the second I saw her I knew that she was the dog for me. I don't know how I knew, but I just knew. I am not a big believer in fate, and karma but something about this dog caught me and I couldn't stop thinking about her.

I was looking for a specific type of dog, and found all that and more. Looking back on my old posts made me smile. I thought I'd share with you.

Oct 23/2008 The Fever Continues- What I am looking for in a Puppy

A Girl- Wicca is out numbered and I really do like a girl dog personality more than a boy. CHECK

A dog with an edge- I want the bad puppy, the one that gets into everything, and is trouble from the start (Wicca was that dog as a baby...oh who am I kidding she is that dog now!)
CHECK- KIND OF. PIXEL IS A PRETTY GOOD GIRL

Blue, Black, or Red- I am not a brindle person, and from the photos I have seen it seems that the brindles are bigger...There are always exceptions though and color is on the bottom of my list. Blue is my preference. CHECK

A Small Dog- I really don't want a big boned Cardi- lots, and lots, and lots of those out there, mostly those seem to be the ones that are bred purely for the conformation ring, I want an agile corgi. So a small female is high on my list of priorities. CHECK- SHE IS PERFECT, SMALL, ATHLETIC, AND SMALL!

A Multipurpose dog- although above I said I don't want a big boned dog I would like a dog that I can do anything I want with and if the fancy strikes me to put her in the show ring then so be it. I showed Wicca briefly- no competition and I gave up. It was kind of fun... FAIL- BUT HEY, I AM NOT A CONFORMATION PERSON ANYWAY, AND EXCEPT FOR THE COAT SHE COULD EASILY FINISH.

A dog that is sound- here is the catch 22- I want a dog that is built well. Wicca has a bad top line, and although as of yet it hasn't hurt her performance or athleticism I would like a dog with a nice topline, a good front, and of course one that is a good mover...CHECK. THIS DOG IS BUILT VERY WELL. SHE HAS A GREAT TOPLINE, A NICE REAR, AND IS A GREAT MOVER. SHE CAN TURN ON A DIME AND IS VERY ATHLETIC. (i.e springs for legs)

A dog that will fetch- toy drive is very, very important and I need to have that in a puppy right from the start, it will make training that much better. CHECK, CHECK, AND DOUBLE CHECK. PIXEL WOULD FETCH ALL DAY. SHE LOVES TO PLAY AND TUG AND FETCH.

And most of all I need a good work ethic- I need a puppy who loves to learn, and wants to play. CHECK. SHE IS SO EAGER TO LEARN, AND IS SCARY SMART. SHE IS NOT A HARD DOG LIKE WICCA SO I HAVE BEEN CAREFUL, BUT WOW. THIS DOG WILL DO GREAT THINGS.

That shouldn't be too hard to find....right? APPARENTLY NOT. :o)


Pixel also has the best sense of humour, she is so funny. She is a good blend of confidence and common sense, and she is a great dog dog. She also is friendly towards people (although doesn't stand still long enough for much of a hello!)



It has been a great year, and I love Pixel more and more each day. She is the exact dog I was looking for. I can't believe how lucky I am.

3 comments:

Visichy said...

Awwww, baby Pixel. Too cute :)

Traci said...

she is ADORABLE! I'm SO glad you found the dog you were looking for without searching hard.... it seems the ones who are meant to be with us have a way of finding their way to us... :) *snuggles* to Pixel-puppy :)

Sarah said...

i actually think she is a better dog than you thought you were looking for ...

now just don't screw her up.

(kidding)