Friday, October 30, 2009

Happy Gotcha' Day!

Coincidentally I got both Boone and Pixel around the same time (end of October)- just a year apart. Funny eh?


Two years ago I offered to foster a scared Pyr Shep for a friend. A month later and I knew he was meant to be mine. Here is a link to the first blog post I wrote about him. He has come so far in two years he is a completely different dog. He is happy, confident, outgoing and loves people. He is a dog who is just all heart and I adore him.




Last year at this time I brought Pixel home. I was so excited to see her off the plane. She came out of the crate as happy as could be, and has been motoring along since then. She is everything I wanted, and I often sit and think about how lucky I am to have her. She has grown up into a beautiful dog who gets attention wherever she goes. Pixel has been an easy pup to raise- and has a wonderful future ahead of her.

So Happy Gotcha' Days to two of my favorite dogs. :o)

6 comments:

Dawn said...

Happy Gotchas, to both your puppers. They are both wonderful, beautiful, talented and sweet dogs. Must be your influence.

Jules said...

Happy Gotchas!!

Diana said...

Happy Double Gotcha days. Diana

Elf said...

I love the idea of a gotcha day--lots of people seem to do that. I've just invented birthdays and celebrate those a bit. But gotcha days have so much more meaning.

And of course I always love your photos of your dogs.

Lynda said...

What a wonderful way to show thankfulness for your dogs Amanda.
The dogs are also very lucky that they have you in their life.
I bet they are saying, We gotcha mom!

Loretta Mueller said...

Congrats to you Amanda!!!!!