Sunday, October 11, 2009

Not A Puppy


One of my minor annoyances in life is when people call their dogs "Puppies" and they're not. In my mind a Puppy is a dog 6 months or under. After that they're adults. Or at least just called dogs. Pixel is 15 months old- a dog. Not a puppy. I don't think she got the memo.

This morning while I was attempting to sleep in she ate a pen. Not just a plain old BIC either- a fancy pen, the kind you can see the ink in. Her leg is a pretty blue now, as is a spot under chin and above her nose. I haven't been able to look in her mouth yet to see the damage. I imagine it too is a pretty shade of blue. She was very considerate though and made sure not to spill any on the carpet. Instead she used a cushion to protect the floor.






Sigh.

She's not a puppy anymore so maybe she needs a new excuse?

I say the devil made her do it.


Sorry Wendy. Hopefully you are not too attached to the cushion.

6 comments:

Traci said...

ROFL.... naughty Pixel!!! LOLGlad she didn't ruin any floors in the process - mine would have destroyed the carpets, I'm sure! :)

Kim said...

Maybe she is just trying to express her individuality. Like the human teenagers who have multiple body piercings and mohawks.

manymuddypaws said...

lol Kim, that's super funny

^..^Corgidogmama said...

I call our two 'devil dogs' when they're naughty.
Her facial expressions fit your post perfectly.

Papillon Penny said...

Bizzie did the same thing, but managed to "write" all over the leather chair!

onecollie said...

hahaha!!! what a cute puppy she is LOL!!