Saturday, October 03, 2009

Obedience Match


I took the girls to a fun match today and we had a great time.

I had thought of putting Pixel in rally novice- but the course that was set was advanced (and pretty hard!) and I thought it was too difficult for her. So.....I put her in Novice Obedience! And she did great- her heeling is so pretty. Her little trot is super cute. We skipped the stand for exam (I haven't trained it) and she doesn't know what "front" means. Here she is demonstrating what she thinks should happen after a recall!
But her heeling was SO good. I was very impressed with her.



Pixel has lots of growing (mentally) and more training to do before the real thing but it was a good experience with her- lots of yummy cookies, pats, in a new and distracting environment.


Wicca was a star. We won High in Match (a cute fuzzy sheep) and she was so good. She did two Rally Courses, and scored 100/100 on the Advanced one. We had a few little blips on the Excellent one (i have never taught her to heel backwards so we had to improvise and it wasn't pretty!) But what really made the day- was Open. I have not trained this dog in Open Obedience for a while. Like 6 months. And she rocked it. Her heeling was great- her drop was fast, and she was having Fun. Yay for Wicca! Maybe we'll have time this winter for some obedience....



After Obedience there was conformation- and because I was sticking around with my friend Jolene I thought I might aswell enter Pixel (in all her naked glory) She showed very well and had no problem stacking, gaiting, and showing herself off. We placed first in the Yearling Female class (the other dog was older, and the other one related to the judge. :o) ) But still. Pixel showed off very nicely. She was happy with all her cookies, and it was yet another great experience for her!

It was a good day! Thanks Jo for taking the photos!

4 comments:

Visichy said...

Pixel would have won that class anyways :) Congratulations on a great day!

onecollie said...

corgis rock!!!......they both did soooo great! Wish I was able to get more Wicca pics!, but I'm glad the Pixel ones turned out! whew!

Jules said...

Great photos. Pixel looks adorable heeling. So, does Wicca get to keep the sheep or has it been stolen by Ms. Pixel?

Elf said...

Good work. Send your friends with cameras my way so I get more photos that don't cost me $20/shot. ;-) Those are wonderful.