Monday, October 05, 2009

One Day CAA Trial

What a great day we had!

Boone and I ran an Advanced standard that I didn't walk and still we managed to do pretty good. We had one off course when I Front crossed, instead of rear crossed later on. Had I walked the course we would have done it a little differently....But I was very impressed with him regardless. His weaves were stellar (off side 12) and he had no hesitation on his contacts.

His Advanced Jumpers was great- I didn't get lost (Yay for me!) and we Q'd with a time of 35.62. We had one bobble where I was late with a FC but beyond that we were perfect. This Q means we move up to Masters Jumpers!!!

His first time in Masters Gamble and he totally nailed it. We had a great opening path and earned 64 points total. He had no problem with the gamble even though it required him to complete the dogwalk with out me, a tunnel discrimination, a far out jump, and one more jump for good measure. He is such a good boy! Sarah at Dig it Fetch it Herd it has a course map posted of the final gamble.

Wicca also had a great day- she too had no problem with the Master Gamble, and we racked up 88 points. We were able to do the mini gamble even though I hadn't planned on it :o) which earned us an extra 16 points. What a good girl! This is her 10th Masters Gamble Q- earning her a Masters Gamble Title of some sort. :o)

She had a beautiful standard run also- almost earned a refusal due to a late rear cross, and then knocking the last bar almost after the fact....they called her for a Q later on, and I went and talked to the judge (who said he didn't remember) and the scribe who also didn't remember...so she earned a Q...but not really...

Our jumpers run was pretty good. Actually it was very good. The course was hard with lots of twists and turns. I think Sarah did like fifteen billion front crosses when she ran it with Gyp. :o) I didn't get lost so I am very proud of that. We did have a bar- the first one so totally her fault. And I forgot how I was going to handle a particular part so had to fix it on the fly....I reared where I should have fronted- but it worked and we had no off courses, and no other bars...I am very proud of that run.

The Challenge class was just that- a Challenge...this one was much more difficult than the Medicine Hat one. I ran the first part beautifully. and then we kind of fell apart...it wasn't pretty and missed a few threadles...but the beginning was great! (and LOTS of dog couldn't even do that!)

Pixel tagged along and we did some heeling, some lead outs, used the warm up jumps to play around on and went for a walk in the wet and snow. Yes, Snow. It snowed on the way there in the morning, and it snowed a bit on the way home. Nothing much to stick on the ground because it was so wet- but snow is snow. But it was a great day- the Go Dog Go people all rocked, and the trial was well run and organised. Can't ask for much better than that (well, except for the snow part!)

4 comments:

Jules said...

Congratulations on a super weekend.

Are you already using Wicca's new contacts in trial? How did it go?

Sarah said...

Yep your guys rocked!!! I was so proud of Boone in Masters Gamblers Too!!!!!!! And Wicca's Jumpers run was really nice, you held it together well on a not so easy course.

I only did 8 or 9 front crosses on that jumpers course :), though it did seem like a zillion (i loved the commentary on the video :) )

Wicca got her EXBrG Title (I think that is the abbreviation)

I was very proud of our group too!!!! I it fun to watch more than just our dogs running at trials :)

manymuddypaws said...

thanks julie,

at this point I am just giving her an "okay" as she reaches the bottom...she's doesn't really understand the new cue yet...

haha sarah-- i am glad you appreciated my "do ya think you did enough front crosses?!!!" that was some course...holy smokes.

Kim said...

Sounds like you had another great weekend. Congrats on the new title with Wicca and for an amazing performance with Boone in Masters.