Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Honest Scrap Award
Kim from OtchRah has passed along the Honest Scrap blog award to us! To accept, we need to list 10 honest things about ourselves. In addition to listing the 10 things, we must pass this award on to seven other blogs.
I decided that Boone would be the lucky dog to participate!
Here are Boone's 10 things...
1) He LOVES bones. Like, LOVES bones. His eyes pop out of his head and he pats the ground in excitement. It is VERY cute.
2) He has an abnormally long tongue. Really. it's very long!
3) He has a hernia, and double dew claws in the rear. The hernia doesn't bug him, but the dewclaws do...we've discussed having them removed...
4) I am Boone's second home. He was given up when his old owners couldn't manage his issues anymore. He used to play flyball, and freestyle in his old life. Now we play Obedience, and Agility, and sometimes Sheep!
5) He's actually one of the most normal Pyr Sheps I've ever met. Really. They are all usually a bit odd...I've worked hard to socialise him to dogs and people and it has totally paid off. It's pretty amazing what good, consistent training, and a little bit of patience can do!
6) He loves butt rubs, and will give himself a butt rub against the couch, or a wall, or your legs...whatever...it is slightly distrubing
7) He is very nosey. He likes to check things out- especially if it is new, or out of place. He pokes things randomly through-out the house to make noise- the mop bucket is his favorite, and the toilet seat...strange eh?
8) He like to hug. It's very cute, and you should consider yourself very special if Boone chooses you as a person to trust.
9) He has a pretty famous brother who has sired lots of puppies- Harley
10) He HATES to have his feet touched. When I first got him we had to pin him to the floor to cut his huge long nails. With training, and treats I can now cut all of his nails myself with no issue or fuss- except for his right dewclaws...I need a holder for that one still...
Now I am supposed to nominate 7 blogs to participate- but really, whoever wants to can!!! I won't force ya! I do think Jolene should do it for sure- I want Kort to be honest about himself... :o)