Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Fun!

There is a big show in Calgary at the beginning of August- it is hosted by the Alberta Kennel Club and is four days of CKC Conformation, Agility, Obedience, and Rally. Jolene and I had decided to go a while ago but I still haven't sent in my entries...(they close on the fourth).  Pixel is just not ready for Open and Rally is only on the same day as Agility so I was not sure what I was going to do. And then as I read the premium list it came to me! BRACE OBEDIENCE!!!

I am super excited to try it. I have always wanted to give it a try- the only requirement is that both dogs have a CD. They can be owned by different people, be different breeds- it doesn't matter. It looks like a lot of fun- basically you are working two dogs at once through a whole novice obedience routine.

I think it will be a lot of fun- I've already decided that Wicca will be on the outside as she she is a more powerful heeling dog. I did a little practice with them in the yard already. It will take some fine tuning but I think on a whole it shouldn't be too terribly difficult, and I have a month or so to work on it. :)

I will do CKC agility the other two days- we don't do much CKC agility but Wicca can now jump 4" as a vet so we may start doing more.

Anyway, just was super excited about the Brace Obedience- it's all I've been thinking about all afternoon. Of course I will make sure that someone Videos because it is sure to be very entertaining!!!

Oh- and there is team obedience aswell- not sure I can sucker in enough of my friends to try it. That's FOUR dog/handler teams working through a novice routine. Super Cool...

4 comments:

onecollie said...

ok, I'm sucker enough to do team if you can rope in 2 others! :)

K-Koira said...

Brace sounds like a lot of fun. It brings to mind a video I saw of Canine Freestyle where the woman had four dogs all dancing with her at once. Totally insane.

Dog Sitting Los Angeles said...

I'm sucker enough to do team if you can rope in 2 others!
Thanks for post..

Dawn said...

I did brace with Grace and Magic a while back, it wasnt pretty but it was fun.