Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wildness

You would think with a title like "Wildness" I was talking about Wicca, or even Pixel. But No.

Boone was more excited than I have ever seen him last night. It was amazing. The sounds coming out of that dogs mouth were unlike anything I had heard.

Last night was the first time I have taken him to the new indoor arena and he was beside himself with excitement.

He barked, and screeched, and whined when it wasn't his turn. I finally had to take him out of the arena where he couldn't see and he calmed down. It was quite ridiculous really.

He had such a good time working-and was very focused compared to Saturday!

We worked on weave entrances and he did great- he has really gotten into a rhythm now and loves to weave. We also worked on running past things and not taking them...he is really bad for that but we had quite a lot of success last night. We have been practicing the hand game at home and I am sure that is what has helped. And I think he getting what "touch" means but I found last night that he only will do it if I am in one position. I can't believe I have done that! As soon as I was ahead or behind him he just runs off. He gets it perfectly when I am beside him. So last night I did lots of backchaining with a small target. I'll keep at it. We only had the dog walk up- no a-frame so we'll have to practice that next week.

Wicca was good- we did some serpentine and pull through stuff- and 270's. Her weaves were bang on and overall she was good, controlled and listening...unlike Saturday!

No comments: