Saturday, November 01, 2008

Unbelievable Cuteness

She is perfect. Smart, Happy, Outgoing, Playful and very, very snuggly. It took some work to get her- but she was most definitely worth it. I cannot thank Rita enough for letting me have her. Thank you, Thank You, Thank You.

So first, here's a photo to tease you..


and now here's the long....drawn out....story.

Pixel's flight was to get into Great Falls at 9:30. At 8:50 I got a call from a Skyewest employee saying that she missed the connection and was stuck in Salt Lake. I almost died. (and nearly cried) Somehow the person who booked the flight screwed up and didn't a lot enough time for her to get on the plane to Great Falls. The fellow on the phone was very apolagetic though, and told me how she was doing, that they'd fed and watered her, pottied her and now she was playing happily in the office. It did little to make me feel better at the time but after I was very, very grateful that she was being taken care of so well.


So the puppy was safe and okay in Salt Lake City- we were however now unsure what to do. We drove three hours (and through the very scary Canada/US Border) and had not planned on staying the night. But- the next flight was to get in on Saturday at 12:30...so we stayed the night.
We stopped at Target to grab some overnight essentials...and I moped around, thinking of my poor puppy but Natalie did her best to make me laugh. She did manage a few times- dinner at Bostons' Pizza...(yeah, Bostons- weird eh?) was pretty funny as the waiter was dressed up for Halloween and was very, very creepy..he kept hitting on Natalie which cracked me up...and then at the hotel we watched a show about Bugs that had Natalie screeching and jumping out of bed...too funny


This morning we stopped at Target again, where I bought a collar (or two) and then headed for the airport. I went to the ticket desk and first asked how to file a complaint- as I am pretty ticked that this happened (I found out that you have to do it online) and then waited for my puppy to arrive.


When they brought her out I could hardly believe it. She is even more beautiful in real life. I took her out of the crate and carried her outside to a grassy area. I plopped her on the ground and without a second thought she started to play with leaves, and sticks. Natalie brought out a toy and she all but forgot about her long, long plane ride. Wow. What a puppy.


Now, about her...


She snuggled all the way home, and is really a great little pup. She handled the intros like a pro, properly submissive but not scared.- and as predicted Wicca wants to mother her (and Pixel wants none of that!),


Vito is sad that he isn't the cutest thing in the house (but really likes that the puppy came with new toys), and


Boone is sure she is going to be his best friend. He was SO happy to meet her it was very cute.


I am completely smitten. I am going to call her Pixel. It is close to what she knows already, and is very fitting with her merle spots...it is also a cute, but not overly girly name, and is unique. We like it.


There will be more pictures tomorrow, but for now I leave you with these- I took these right when we got home- she met all the dogs during the taking of these photos. She is confident, outgoing, friendly and everything that I could have wanted.


































(the token butt shot....fuzzy but very, very cute! look how fuzzy her hocks are!!!!)









21 comments:

Paws on the Run said...

She is freakin adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

AWW!! I can't wait to meet her. So glad you got home safely no matter how long it took you to get here.

miradukesadie said...

Ahhhhhhhhaaaaaa!!!! Love her!!!!

GeeRome said...

She is absolutely adorable!

Congratulations on the new addition!

the Corgi Girls said...

Corgi butts drive me nuts!

(sorry, I had to)

* gasping in the adorableness * She is just priceless, congratz!

;o)

Dawn said...

She is very very cute. Fluffys are very special. (Least thats what Magic says). Congrats on the new family member.

K9-CRAZY said...

Love the name, and she is adorable!

Diana said...

Just to cute and I love the name! Diana

coopercreek said...

OMGOSH! She is too cute for words. I'm glad she made it safe and sound, and I'm looking forward to many puppy updates. Have fun!!

Sarah said...

aww cute!

i like the name pixel ...

since i work with millions of them every day, she is the cutest pixel i've seen.

Kim said...

ACK!! the cuteness! Too. Much. Cute!

And the name is very fitting already!

Brittany said...

She is adorable! Sorry to hear you had to drive all the way to SLC!

Glad to hear all the dogs are getting along and are happy. I can't wait to hear more about her. I love the name Pixel!

Chris and Ricky said...

Congratulations! She is adorable! And Pixel suits her perfectly! Have fun with her! Looking forward to more photos....

Jules said...

Oh, yay, yay, yay, yay!!!!! The flight mix-up sounds SUPER stressful but i am so happy she is home safe with her new family. Makes me want to cry!

RegentCardis said...

Awww, she is beautiful. I love those blue eyes.

Papillon Penny said...

OMG she's adorable - can hardly wait to meet her! And I love the name Pixel!

Kim said...

She is beautiful! I can't wait to meet her.

Lauren said...

Too cute! Congrats on your new addition (despite the trouble getting her)

penni said...

What a darling baby -- here's wishing you many happy years with her (and many great photos for us).

Nicki said...

Cute!

onecollie said...

Heyyyyy!!! just got home & went straight to your blog!!!!
I love her!! The name is perfect, hope she's coming to work tommorrow!