Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Learnin'

Everyday I try and do some type of training with the dogs- and now with baby Pixel in the house I even try for twice a day. We are mostly succesful in the twice a day ideal.

Pixel is learning tons of new things, and is just a very smart little pup. She is very eager for her turn and is starting to offer behaviors now! (which I think is very cool!)

She knows her name very well now (thanks to the name game)
She can sit with a verbal cue only
She still needs help with down but she's getting it
She responds really well to come (for now anyway)
She is learning what a hand touch is but will only bump her nose once. for one cookie.
We play the hand game already...which is only fun if she doesn't start biting my pant leg...
She likes the target plate but doesn't quite get that she doesn't have to carry it around after
And we are loving fetch. Except for the bringing it back part that is :o) We have been playing trades and that has helped but for a while she would just take off with her new found treasure!

Vito is still learning the secret new trick to make everyone oooh and aaaah over him. :o) It is quite adorable. But I can't tell you all yet what it is...we'll take photos of the event when he goes public...

Wicca is working on stay. Religiously. Every. Single. Day. Sometimes twice a day. Yup. She hates me. But, the hope is that we will eventually get a CDX...and well, you have to stay.

Boone is learning to heel with more accuracy. He thinks it is quite a fun game...he attaches himself to my leg like there is duct tape or something...

and yeah. That's pretty much what we do when we are home...is play, and train...

I had already found that she (as in Pixel) is way more tired after training than if I try to tire her out just with play...and she is soooo cute when she's tired, all sleepy and cuddly.... and then she wakes up....

no new pictures either- sorry!

We did a mini photo shoot with a photographer at the trial on Saturday and those pics should be up soon...as a teaser he has one on his website: Back in the Pack

You can also scroll through the agility photos if you'd like...there are some pretty funny ones of wicca I might order...here is the first one...just keep hitting next to few the others...

3 comments:

Dawn said...

OMYGOSH that picture of Pixel is great. I can't wait to see the rest of them. My computer won't let me see Wicca's for some reason, darn.

Diana said...

I just dont know how you have time to train all those things twice a day. I get up at 4:50am, I take the dogs for a 45 min walk and do the rest of my morning stuff. All I usually get trained is one item before going to work. Wow, you must get way early. Love the pictures!!! Diana

Jules said...

Oh my goodness. She is a doll!