Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Grumpy


Everyone has one of those days that you are just cranky. Not at anything in particular just an overwhelming sense of grouchiness. Well, that's me.

I was borderline grumpy yesterday but a nice long walk with the dogs (all four of them) seemed to help last night. Oh, and Pixel helped as well. :o)

This morning started well enough- we had a good play in the yard, and then I got to work and checked my mail and my day went out the window.
Somone is mad at me- a person who surrendered their dog to rescue is pissed off that I made them seem like shitty dog owners in the dogs descriptive blog post. And because I can't really tell her right where to go I had to be the "adult" and tell her I'd change it. So I did. To exactly her words- which was pretty much what I had written anyway. But Geesh. People piss me off.
She gave away the dog because he pee'd in the house (he's not neutered, and was used as a stud dog) - she said it was an accident- but this is after she'd told me she bought the dog to breed. She also didn't have the time to spend with him- I said that they didn't have the time to train the dog. Oh, and she's having another baby. 'Cause that's a good reason to get rid of your dog. People Suck. I so badly wanted to tell her off. But I didn't. Wendy will be proud.
Sometimes (okay, most of the time) rescue drives me crazy. I'd really like to quit. But I can't. So I won't. But it helps to vent about it.
But given my luck that same woman will stumble upon my personal blog and be outraged.
Bring it on.

8 comments:

Jules said...

Yuck....what a way to start the day.

Diana said...

It must have been in the cards yesterday. I called a parent to tell them their kid was wheezing. Man was she mean. Did I know what time is was, "tell me what time it is" . If my kid were sick he would have been sick at 11:00am. He isnt sick , he is faking to get out of class. ( you cant fake wheezing). It went on from there. I wanted to be mean but I wasnt. I wanted to hang up on her, but I didnt. People just wanted to be mean yesterday. I hope today is better. Diana

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! You guys are doing such a great job with PDCR. I have run into some not so nice people as a breeder too so you just have to focus on the nice ones that give dogs great homes and become good friends. This person obviously saw her reflexion and didn't like what she saw.

colleen said...

So this explains the mysterious changes to Baxter's post...Rock on, Amanda!

Lauren said...

People really don't understand dogs, do they? Hope today is better!

Anonymous said...

It ain't just you here baby. Let them be pissed off. Screw em. We got yer back!! Not that you need help.... Why should you lie and make surrendering an animal look like a bed of roses? It's not. It's rewarding, and fulfilling. It's also heartbreaking, maddening, frustrating... Don't stop being you because even when you have your bossy/grumpy pants on, you're a kind, caring and wonderful human being.

Anonymous said...

Yup Amanda people suck..but remember all the good you do for all the dogs out there...and when you get a good report on how someone is doing in their new home I hope that takes away a little from the stupid people out there.

Julia

Sue said...

Vent as much as you need to. Just always remember we do it for the dogs. We're all they have.