Thursday, September 09, 2010

People Suck, and that annoys me.

I seriously am amazed I can make it through a day without swearing at, hitting, or punching someone. People are dumb. Seriously dumb. They don't listen, and generally do exactly the opposite of what you've told them. It annoys me, and makes me grumpier than I am normally............

I don't know why I even bother doing rescue anymore. I can hardly stand to talk to stupid people, and just when you think you've weeded out the losers. BAM. Loser. Major Loser. It's frustrating, and heartbreaking all at the same time.

Missy is a great little jack russell who we've had for FOUR MONTHS. That's months folks, not weeks. She is a great dog- happy, obedient, great in the house, loves all people. Her hang up? Dogs. She is aggressive and cannot live with other dogs. She lived with mine perfectly fine because *I* am the boss, but it was important that she go to an only dog home (and no cats....). So, finally- the perfect person for her applies, everything is great. I tell her all about the dog and what her issues are, and how she will never be the kind of dog that can live with, or engage with other dogs. She can tolerate them as long as they aren't in her space, but you have to be on her. All the time. So what does this perfectly capable, smart person do only two days after taking her home? That's right. Introduce her to her friends dogs. "They only wanted to play" were her words. She was horrified at Missy's behavior and now wants to return her. Of course we will take her back. But seriously.........WHY DON'T PEOPLE LISTEN?!

I just don't get it. Perhaps I should have re-worded dog aggressive to "will try and rip off other dogs faces if they approach her..."

Sigh.

7 comments:

onecollie said...

yup, people suck & unfortunately it's Missy who's paying the price :(

K9-CRAZY said...

I think some people truly don't understand real dog aggression because they've never dealt with or experienced it. You try and tell them about the issue and they picture grandma's funny snapping poodle.

Then you get the egotistical know-it-alls who feel they will not have the problem because they know what they are doing.

This is one reason I stopped fostering rescues and started raising puppies instead.

It's frustrating but the dogs benefit from your open home, and when you find the perfect match it makes it worthwhile!

Tiffany said...

Ugh.. just when you give them some inch of trust they take it and smash it... and then confirm your original thoughts of them to be idiots. Common sense does not apply to the general public... or most people.

WigglyZack said...

People really do suck and don't listen. I hear your frustration. I hope Missy does find someone who isn't such an idiot.

Bobbi said...

Yep people suck, but you rock at what you do so dont let it get you down. People hear what they want.

Missy has made huge improvements in the past months thanks to your hard work and her perfect home will come along soon.

Jules said...

oh no. That sucks. :( The right home will come along.

John Heffernan said...

Frustrating!