Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Like a bad dream


40 Hours 38-52, originally uploaded by manymuddypaws.

Someone told me the other day that it will take longer for me to get over it than it will for him. I would say that's pretty accurate!

Last night he jumped up on me for attention
Last night he cuddled on the couch while we watched Glee
Last night Boone slept in bed and cuddled like normal.
This morning he rolled around in bed and snorted and snuffled like any other morning.
This morning he spun (slowly mind you) for his breakfast.
This morning he barked at the neighbors cat in the yard.

and all I can think about is that he may never have done any of those things again. I am in complete amazement that he is home and doing so well.

10 comments:

WigglyZack said...

He is one lucky dog. Keep on trucking Boone. It may take more time for you Amanda it has been quite a trauma. Take it day by day it will eventually get better. He is safe now.

debzdogz said...

So glad to hear he is safe @home!

Jules said...

I am so thankful he is back with you - safe and sound. What an incredibly traumatic event for both of you.

Judy said...

You probably used a lot of adrenalinethose nightmare days. Glad to hear Boone is readjusting so well.

Gay Harley said...

Every one of your posts makes me cry. It's such a trauma. Love is so strong. Be well, my friend and take care of yourself.

Dianne SS said...

Dogs do seem to bounce back fairly quickly. We humans take longer because we play the scenarios over and over in our mind and the 'what if's". He's obviously happy to be back in your loving world. And thank goodness he's there again.

^..^Corgidogmama said...

You're both so lucky to have found each other again! You'll suffer longer I fear over the what if's, much more than Boone. Thank heavens, the boy is home again, where he belongs!
Happy dreams from now on...

andrea said...

no idea how I missed this tragedy (averted now thank heavens)

YAY for you both

hang in there

Debbie said...

I've followed your blog for awhile but I'm certainly glad I missed the last few posts until there was a happy outcome. So happy you got your boy back

Loretta Mueller said...

I am so grateful he is home and safe!!!!!!!!!!!