Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas is over

My family and I had a great christmas- lots of visiting, laughs, great food, and company. The dogs were spoiled and each got a new toy and of course some yummy treats. We all had a great time opening gifts- I love to see people open gifts even more than I like opening them myself! My sisters baby is a year old now and was right in on the action. Last year he was a newborn and slept through the whole day pretty much. I took LOTS of photos Christmas day- but mostly of my family. :o)



So far the dogs haven't done anything too exciting. We've been going for lots of walk, but to manage 6 dogs and a camera in an "unofficial" off leash area is a little iffy....so hopefully I'll get some good walk photos tomorrow.

In the meantime here are a few photos of my family dogs- Drew is a Rotti cross and is 7 years old now I think (maybe 8) and Kate is 11. She is steadily going downhill although is in good spirits and still has a decent appetite. She is completely blind in one eye and has limited vision in the other. Years of agility, and well being a German Shepherd, has been hard on her body and she is pretty arthritic. I love this dog so much- it is hard to see her looking old. She is still pretty feisty though and had a good time shredding the toys I brought over. It was great to get to spend a whole day with her.




My sister took this photo of us together on the step.


Christmas always creates the best memories!

5 comments:

onecollie said...

awww what great photos! The one of you & Kate is so nice! I love the one of her under the tree too!
Drew is cute cute! I love the expression on his face!

Natasha said...

Kate looks like such a sweet girl. Cute photo of her and Drew under the tree!

~Nat

Elf said...

I love watching people open gifts, too, and also treasure taking family photos. I wish they all knew how much I appreciate them.

Elf said...

Meant to say also that I love the photo of the two of you on the steps. What a good-looking dog, and the two of you obviously like each other.

Paws on the Run said...

LOVE that picture of you and Kate!