Tuesday, December 08, 2009

-50

What kind of stupid ass temperature is that? Seriously. When I woke up this morning the first thing I heard was "It's -38 this morning with a windchill of -50." OMG. That is cold folks. Seriously cold.

Of course all the dogs feet froze the instant they were outside. Granted, my dogs are kind of wussy. Yesterday it was only -30 or so and Boone had to stop and perch every five minutes while playing in the yard. It is the strangest thing. He actually sits on his butt with his back legs and his front legs in the air...




Hope you all are staying warm. We aren't.

12 comments:

Dawn said...

I bet even the penguin is cold today. Take care and stay as warm as you can.

Taryn said...

Wow, that IS cold! I don't think I could deal with Canadian winters!

Diana said...

I dont know how you guys live there. I wouldnt make it. Diana

Bobbi said...

Haha Boone is too cute, looks like a gopher!

K9-CRAZY said...

I'm wussy too in -30 degree temperatures!

Kim said...

It was 10 this morning in the Seattle area. I seriouly thought about calling in sick so I could stay in the warm bed.

Visichy said...

LOL! Boone is too cute! Hopefully it warms up soon. I learned this morning that at -50 the air freezes in my lungs. It's a weird sensation that I'm okay with never feeling again.

Elayne said...

Sheesh, I thought we had it bad here with windchills of -24 C (-11 F). Strummer was doing the exact same thing as well as doing a nice wave with his paws which made me laugh because I've been struggling for months to get a nice 'sit up and beg'.

Tiffany said...

omg that is frigid!! I guess i should complain about the temperatures in massachusetts being cold........

Natasha said...

That's nuts!! Waayy too cold even for Canada :O

Thanks for your tip about the sequence! I only realized that I should have FC'd after watching the clips on my computer, lol.

~Nat

Elf said...

Brrr! My fingers are freezing just out here in San Jose.

Anon said...

My little JRT has done the Boone perch lately! And today, he did the very opposite... front feet on the ground, bum in the air!