Monday, October 18, 2010

Short Term Goals...as in this week.

I have a busy week ahead so thought it would be good to give myself some training goals so the dogs actually get some training. :)

Pixel is going to learn how to "hold" an item. Namely her dumbbell. This is the very last part of "Fetch" that I teach my dogs.
Wicca is going to work on...wait for it...Stay. Every second day we are going to a new place to do an out of sight stay. Will have to bribe friends, or family to help but it will be worth it.
Vito is going to work on his people skills. As in approach and meet three new people this week.
Boone is going to practice recalls- twice a day. This may be a bit lofty of a goal, but we'll see how it goes.

Oh, and I plan on getting out to the agility field once with the girls. We have a trial coming up, and I want to see how the distance stuff I've been doing at home with Pixel will transfer to the big kids stuff. :) I also want to work on some handling with Wicca.

And that's it. Written down it doesn't seem like so much- but believe me when I say this will take up pretty well every minute of my "spare" time.

No comments: