Thursday, October 28, 2010

Live-In Learning...

Stevie the French Bulldog is staying with me for a few weeks to do some learnin'. :)

His family is very busy and don't have time for such a busy (naughty!) little bulldog puppy. I've never trained a Frenchie before- so it's been interesting! He is very much a bulldog- independent, stubborn, and not easily motivated. He is doing pretty well though- he has learned his name(!), sit, down, come, that "outside" is not optional, and neither is "kennel."



He has starting leash manners, and other basics such as leave it. He is smart, but has such a short attention span that he certainly would not be called an easy dog to train.



The best part of Stevie is how funny he is. He does the weirdest things, and seems to like to make me laugh. He loves his stuffed tiger, and not always in an appropriate way if you get my drift. :) He and Pixel are buds, although she is greatly offended when he tries to mount her. Everyone else hates him and have been teaching him all about dog body language.



But he's a cute little guy to have around- well except for the gas and the snoring that is...

1 comment:

Taryn said...

Frenchies are SO cute! If I had to have a smush-face, it would be one of them. I haven't spent any time around one however, so I really don't know their temperment.