Friday, October 15, 2010

Productive Week


Snaggle Tooth, originally uploaded by manymuddypaws.

I had a good dog training week- partly due to the fact that I didn't have any classes to teach. :)

Scenthurdle was super, we are getting consistent scenting from all the regulars- which is awesome.
Obedience was good- I did a full run thru with each girl. Pixel's heeling was pretty good, although a tad wide. We need to work on our slow, and our figure eight was a bit choppy. Her stand was great, and she did both stays. Wicca was a wild woman, but she had been crated all during scent and was a little excited. She anticipated the retrieve over jump, and most of her finishes. Things she has never done before. And she went down on both sits.

I don't know why I torture myself. This battle with stay seems so stupid. Why won't she just stay? We've done it a thousand times, and she still doesn't get it. I know it's something I am doing, or have done. Maybe it's me who doesn't get it.

On a better training note- Pixel can shake a paw. Really. She is cute about it as she really doesn't want you to touch her foot...

Next week she is going to learn how to be "sad." A trick a week. And I'm only a week behind.

Going to do some training this weekend with the dogs too- hope to even get some agility in.

1 comment:

Diana said...

I cant get Miley to stay at the startline when doing agility. She stays every where else and we practice every where. But there is nothing like agility for Miley. LOL Diana