Saturday, April 17, 2010

Suckered

UPDATED BLOG POST HERE: http://manymuddypaws.blogspot.com/2010/04/jace-update.html


Jace-13, originally uploaded by Windy City Canine Rescue.

I am not very good at saying no.

Jace is my new foster dog and he is SUPER!

He was originally rescued when he was left to live in the back of a truck after his owners moved to an apartment. Nice eh? The people who took him didn't realise how much exercise and attention that a young border collie needs.

We didn't technically have an open foster home and I just knew he'd be cute. So I said I'd take him. :o)





He is about 10 months old or so. We don't know for sure. Sometimes I think he could be a little younger, other times I think that the 10 months is right on the money. He is about 21 inches tall. He has the cutest ears that aren't sure exactly what they are doing. Sometimes they are up, sometimes they are down. It makes me laugh.

I've had him less than 24 hours and already feel pretty confident in saying that he is perfect. Seriously. Perfect.

He is housetrained.
A perfect gentleman (even though he still has his boy bits)
Loves all people
Is very dog friendly and dog smart. (gets that he should avoid eye contact with vito-grumpy-pants)
Ignores cats
Well behaved in the house
Can sit, down, shake a paw, and find a bed on command
Is crate trained.
Loves to fetch (and brings it back to hand!)
Loves to play
Is not crazy hyper in the house and will settle down if you do






The only things he needs to work on is:

Greeting People- his idea of saying hi is pretty up close and personal. :o)

Using his inside voice- when he is excited (which is often) he can be a bit vocal. He's quite a chatty fellow.

And that's it.

I will know more in a few days when I've had time to get to know him better. But really he is just a very nice dog. I think his potential for dog sports is pretty up there. He is a fetching machine and is smart. I taught him the clicker in just a few minutes and already he is learning how to offer behavior (like perch work, and backing up). I'd love to see him go to an agility or flyball home. Or be a movie dog 'cause he's so cute. But I'd be happy with an agility or flyball home. :o)







He is available for adoption through Windy City Canine Rescue. He will be neutered, vaccinated, and micrchipped prior to adoption. You can check out http://windycityrescue.com for more information on adoption policies. Or email me! info@windycityrescue.com



UPDATE: There are more pictures posted on the Windy City rescue blog

6 comments:

Diana said...

Wow, you wont have him long. Diana

onecollie said...

sounds like the perfect dog for "you" Amanda!

Kim said...

He is sooo cute!

TAG ALONG said...

oh my... I really like him.

^..^Corgidogmama said...

He has all the perfect elements, and also sounds like the perfect "new" dog for YOUR household! Adorable face and shiny coat...those eyes are so intent!

Nicki said...

Oh he's so cute. Wish I needed another dog! He looks like he will make someone very lucky!