Sunday, April 11, 2010

Prairie Girl


Prairie Girl, originally uploaded by manymuddypaws.

We were at a Rally Funmatch/Training day in a small town not too far from where Wicca was born. I thought it was fitting to pose her for a photo. I love the prairies and can't imagine living anywhere else.

I wish i hadn't centered her in the photo, but oh well. It still shows off just how pretty Wicca is, and of course the classic Alberta landscape!

The training was fun- we started with Scenthurdle and Pixel did scent discrimination at the box for the first time! She still likes to miss the first jump back though. :o)

Rally was fun and the courses were hard so it was a good challenge. Wicca was amazing. Her first run (which didn't get taped of course!) was perfect in every way. I seriously adore this dog. She is just so good.

Pixel and Boone got to play too. Pixel's heeling isn't as good as it used to be- mostly in part to the fact that I haven't worked on it forever! She stalls out on left turns (afraid of being stepped on!)...Boone had a blast and was happy, happy, happy. He met lots of new people, and recovered well when he got nervous on course. Vito came, but the course was too challenging for him. I haven't done much obedience with him....

I will have video up tomorrow!

6 comments:

Taryn said...

You have great scenery where you live! Nice picture!

onecollie said...

the picture is gorgeous!!!....LOVE it!!

Muttsandaklutz said...

Love love love that photo! I always wanted to move to the prairies, so very beautiful. All the darn trees in Ontario spoil the view.

WigglyZack said...

You have a perfect picture there.

Kim said...

Great picture of Wicca! I am glad you had a fun day.

Elf said...

Sometimes centering is perfect. It provides a sense of tranquility, and this background is perfect for it. In fact, I'd crop the left a little so that her face is completely centered.