Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Washed Out

Last night was supposed to be our Regionals Prep Class. Last week we were blown away...this week we were washed out. Rain. Rain. Wind. Thunder. Side Ways Rain. Hail. Wind. Sounds like perfect agility weather no?

We did manage to get about 20 minutes of "training" before it hit...but mostly we suffered in the cold. The dogs had fun. Especially the flatcoat.

Monday night was better- chilly, but no rain, cold wind, or any other weird weather. I took Boone to work a few minutes before and after classes. He did great! He was a bit stressed at first, but once he picked up on the excitement of the other dogs he almost forgot about the traffic. Really. He had great contacts (until Sarah was watching)- I have been working hard at home to get rid of the creeping and it seems to be working. Also he had good weaves- we only did 6 though- 12 is usually the issue, but I just used what was set up. And we dabbled a bit with some discrimination and that's it.

The first outdoor trial is this weekend- it is a great trial and I am excited. I am going to run with pressure. I've decided that I am going to go for the fastest time in every run. Maybe if I give myself a "time limit" I can increase my stress, and possibly my speed and enthusiasm? Wicca needs one more standard leg for her MAD. It would be very cool if she got that this weekend. Boone needs one more standard for his ADC, and a Snooker for his Starters Games title...

It will be a fun weekend regardless. Well, as long as it doesn't rain, hail, snow, or storm.....

2 comments:

Sarah said...

HUH fastest runs, eh, you're on!!!!! How is that for some competitive pressure!!! And I don't mean Gyp, I mean Kaleb LOL!!!! Good for you, I'll be cheering at the sidelines, and sticking my foot out ....

Do you still want to swap dogs in snooker?

Yes Kaleb loved the rain last night, and wanted to stay out and play in it when we go home ....

manymuddypaws said...

I can totally beat you...I mean Wicca can....we'll see if we can do it and still keep the bars up...

I am looking forward to running Gyp in snooker! Should be fun. If we fukc up then we know it is me....