Sunday, December 25, 2011

The last bit of Christmas.

Tonite will be the last bit of Christmas music until next year. I thought I'd be happy about that, but instead I am kinda sad. I really haven't been in a Christmas sort of mood this year. Shopping was a struggle, decorating almost didn't happen, and until last night it didn't feel like Christmas at all. And then last night was great- hanging out with family, laughing, eating, listening to music. I was excited. Finally. And now Christmas is gone and I feel ripped off. lol. That'll teach me. Next year wether I feel like it or not I'm decorating, and will do everything I can to get in the mood and not be such a grinch. I really do love Christmas. But this year was hard.

Today was pretty great. My nephew is three and is a wild little man. He had a great time opening all of his gifts, and I'm happy to say that what I got him was a total hit! Having a kid around really helps to put things into perspective. He was excited about the bubble wrap. lol.

The afternoon was spent at home with the dogs. I have eight dogs in my house right now. LOL. It's not as wild as you'd think, but is certainly a houseful! I took them all for a nice long run today. In two groups- Kort, Pixel, Vito, Boone and Wicca, Brit, Perkins, and Taco. It actually worked out pretty well. The weather was amazing. No wind at all today (until about half an hour ago!). I didn't even take my camera and just enjoyed the dogs. It was great. I'll try and get a group photo tomorrow though- so you can see what 8 dogs looks like. lol.

Dinner was fantastic. I am so full. Turkey is my favorite. :) Tomorrow it will be even better on a sandwich. The company was great. We have a great family- my dad looked so handsome all dressed up. We took lots of photos. I am big on photos at family events. Growing up we didn't have a camera, so I have forgotten much of my childhood. I want to be able to cherish each moment, and although I am sure I annoy everyone with the constant camera-face they will just have to get over it.


And now I sit. 6 sleeping dogs at my feet. Two more shredding toys in the living room. A perfect day except for one thing. Which I'll blog about tomorrow. For now I want to think happy, peaceful thoughts of a wonderful day with family.

I leave you with the cutest video ever- Boone and Taco playing. Well actually Boone barking, and Taco trying to figure him out. Excuse my messy floor. 8 dogs means a lot of stuff on the floor. lol

3 comments:

onecollie said...

Boonie is so cute! maybe you should keep her, LOL!!
I'm surprised Kort didn't come & rescue her :)

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Boone sure enjoys Taco! Know exactly what you mean/felt about Christmas this year...can totally relate to those exact same feelings! Hoping that the new year will bring us all inner peace, a bit more $, and security!
Your true gifts I think are your abilities with the camera, and with dogs. You give/get so much out of both things.

Mary Lou said...

I COMPLETELY understand the sad feeling of Christmas being OVER.... That is my FAVORITE holiday.... When the season ends, and our decorations disappear, I ALWAYS try to sing some CHRISTMAS CAROLS!! My mind is in denial once again.... ;-}
You had a STRESSFUL Christmas, Amanda, what with Wicca's INJURY and "physical therapy".... Let's all hope that NEXT YEAR will be easier!! ;-D
Wow. EIGHT dogs?! SERIOUSLY?!