Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Last Hurrah

This weekend marks our move back to the arena for agility classes. We haven't had snow yet, but it will be here soon enough and that will be the end to outdoor training. I managed to sneak out to the field once this week for a bit of training. It was cool and windy, but not unbearable.

Pixel has been in dogwalk retraining mode for a few months now, and finally I think she is ready to take it to a trial. We will see what excitement brings, but in training she is pretty solid. I was only able to get her off once with a thrown toy. I've signed her up for Agility League too, so that will be even better training wise. Everything else is still as solid as can be. Her weaves are pretty awesome. She can find an entry from anywhere and drives through now regardless of where I am.

Wicca is in maintenance mode. We did some jumping, including the dreaded bend grid. Ever try to bend a brick in half? lol. She manages. But just. Nothing else for her. Although she desperately wanted to do a dogwalk I wouldn't let her.

Boone also got to come out (I ran them in a farmers field on the way home), and didn't want to do anything. Except weaves. He offered them three times all on his own. Funny dog.

Brit did some jumping- we are just starting to have the odd jump at 22. And some circle work. You can never have too much circle work. Also some targeting off the dogwalk board. She is weaker on my right side, which is something I've been working hard to avoid! So today at home we did lots of right side only training. Pivots, Perch, Targeting, FitBall etc.... It's totally my fault as obviously I am more comfortable with the dog on my left. Bad trainer. Bad!

Vito rolled around on the grass and chased his tail. Serious. While I trained the girls he just rolled around grunting and groaning his pleasure. He kills me.

So that little session ends the outdoor season. On to the barn- where cats, mice, and horse poop reigns supreme. :) Should be a fun winter. We've got an incredible bunch of students, and two very full nights at the arena. Let's hope I get my snow tires on before the snow flies so I don't end up in the ditch in the middle of nowhere. 'Cause that would be awesome. Our barn is pretty nice though- we are lucky to have a place to train when we have three feet of snow and it's minus 40....


1 comment:

Natasha said...

Have fun this winter! It sounds like all the dogs are doing really well.