Sunday, November 20, 2011

Change of plans


Corgi Heaven 46/52, originally uploaded by manymuddypaws.

So I did not haul my butt out of bed until 10 this morning. And it felt awesome. No guilt. (okay, maybe a little guilt) But I really, really needed a day to just be. To catch up on housework, to play with my dogs, to read a book, to relax, to visit with family. It has been a great day and it's only 3:30. ;)

I do have a bit of regret about bailing on the seminar. I mean it's not likely to ever happen again that I could have that opportunity. But my heart wasn't in it. I needed to be at home. I will just have to re-watch the DVD. lol.

I think because I was so stressed last week, thinking the worst about my dog, that after the release of that I am exhausted. Like emotionally drained and physically tired.

I finally had a good nights sleep. The dogs enjoyed a nice off leash walk (except wicca), and Wicca and I did some one on one stuff. She got to tag along with me to the dogshow this morning when I had to drop some stuff off, and then we stopped at a petstore. She had never been in there before and had a great time sniffing around.

She is still a bit sore. I don't expect that to change overnight. But she is feeling a bit better. She was happy to do her exercises this morning. She says that the treats make it worth it. :)

And now I am headed for the couch to nap with my dogs. Wicca is tired after her adventure today so if I'm lucky she may even cuddle with me.

4 comments:

Laurie in Alberta said...

So relieved about Wicca's outcome. I'm pleased also to learn about Dr Devall, who is only about 20 minutes from where I live. I shall be sure to take my boy Brychan there to get checked next time he experiences soreness in the neck/shoulders/back. (His is as a result of extremely poor front conformation), but she sounds like exactly what I've been looking for in an alternative therapist.

Tucker The Crestie said...

Sometimes everyone needs a day like this to just relax. And I think you certainly needed it with all you've been through lately! Glad you enjoyed it!

oddman said...

The best snuggles come from the dog that doesn't normally offer them, don't they. Hope WickyWoo gave you some good snuggles today - you both need it.

Take care and NO guilt, OK? Just quit that. I mean it.

Andi

Mary Lou said...

Rest up, Amanda. You too, Wicca!! ;)