Tuesday, November 08, 2011

First Barn Night

First off I had NO DIRT in my shoes, on my socks, or on my feet. I am in LOVE with my new shoes. (ASOLO brand, bought on sale)

Second- Pixel did the dogwalk!!!! No superman, no creeping. Woo Woo! I am thrilled. It's not a trial, but she was pretty sassy and excited to be at the arena so I was expecting an error or two. But no mistakes! This has been a retrain I will never, ever do again. I could kick myself. lol.

And last (but not least) Brit worked like a pro. Even with her most favorite person in the whole world there. And her two favorite playmates. We did lots of little things- and I kept the reward changing so she never knew what to expect. I am really happy with how well she generalises things. I struggled with that with Boone and Pixel- things did not transfer easily for them from home to class, trials, etc. Brit has never shown a problem with keeping the lesson even in new places. We did some one jump exercises(even some at 22"!!!), targeting off the dogwalk (she was awesome!), and some table games. We haven't been on the table in a month or so and she was bang on. I love how smart this dog is, she is so fun to play with.

And that's my first barn night in a nutshell. :) Now to go and scrub the dirt off...

3 comments:

onecollie said...

darn, I missed Pixel's dogwalk! high five!!!!
Glad you had no dirt in your shoes, I did :)
Brit is amazing, can't wait to see her trial :) :)

^..^Corgidogmama said...

Have always wanted to take our corgis to a field of sheep and see what would happen. Brit is turning out to be an amazing dog!!

Jenilee said...

Brit makes me happy in my heart<3.

I'm jealous of your shoes...

Yay for Pixel:)