Friday, April 29, 2011

Pixel is awesome :)

So in case I haven't said it lately- Pixel is awesome. :)

Every week in class I am pushing her harder and harder- speed, distance, tougher challenges and she does it.

She still has trouble on some things, but we break them down and then she's ready to go. (For instance the teeter at a distance still concerns her a bit so we worked on that last night)

We have sorted out the dogwalk issues and now I am proofing and adding every sort of challenge I can think of. She is without a doubt understanding her job. It will be interesting to see how it holds in a trial- but I am hopeful. lol

Her thoughtfulness can be a pain in the ass at times (the broadjump) but mostly it turns out great. She never forgets stuff and tries very hard. I love that about her. Although running a dog like that you really have to be on your game as a handler- screw ups are very apparent...lol

Moving on past the awesomeness of Pixel...

This weekend is going to be a busy one. I am heading to calgary for an obedience match on Saturday. Pixel needs lots of new ring experience, so although it is far to go for a funmatch it's really the only opportunity we have...

Sunday I am going to Medicine Hat to teach one day of agility. It will be lots of fun- I've got some great stuff planned, and it will be neat to teach some new people. I haven't decided who will get to tag along for the day but it will likely be Pixel. Wicca is not known for her patience....

Oh, and it's snowing this morning. At the end of April. I may be moving soon. lol

1 comment:

Lani said...

So glad things are going really well with Pixel. Your descriptions of her are just what I want Rip to be. But we've got a LONG way to go...

Have a fun weekend!