Sunday, November 07, 2010

Wicca's Weekend


Rally, originally uploaded by manymuddypaws.

Wicca had a great Rally weekend. She seriously is the best dog ever. She is just so. Obedient. Which is weird because it mostly isn't true- except in the ring that is. I am so proud of this dog- she is such a great worker.

She qualified in all four rounds and placed in three of the four. All high 90's, and errors were mostly mine.

On Saturday she earned a 95 and a 96. This after eating a box of timbits, and a whole (small) rollver. She managed to undo the zipper on the top of the crate and helped herself. She was seriously uncomfortable the rest of the day. And still managed to pull it together for good scores.

Sunday she rocked and nailed a super tough Excellent course- we got a 97- with three points off for a retry of the back up. She went super wide the first try so I opted to take three points and try again. She got a 97 on the advanced course too- this time a retry on the figure 8 around food bowls. I wasn't looking where I was going and entered on the wrong side so again opted for a retry. Both runs were perfect otherwise.

I think this puts us half way to her RAE- but I will have to look back and see. It's a title that I am not actively pursuing- but will try when the opportunity arrises.

We also did scenthurdle on Saturday and it was actually kind of sucky. Wicca was wierd and almost scared. I wonder if someone stepped on her by accident, or maybe a dog spooked her. She didn't want to turn her back to the dogs. And she seemed stiff and sore. She also was still not feeling well from eating all that food at noon. Anyway, we did manage to only screw up one race, the other screwups weren't related to us. It was weird though, and not all that fun- a dissapointment. :(

Overall the weekend was great though- I spent most of it with flatcoats and their people. Wicca did surprisingly well with the rowdy flatcoat pups. :) It was fun to cheer on Sarah in the Obedience ring. I am only a teensy bit jealous of her first CDX leg!! Kaleb rocks. Sarah did a super job and conquered her super awful Obedience ring nerves. And Kaleb rocks. Oh, wait. I said that already. :)

Oh, and one more thing. I showed a friends Flatcoat. It was fun. And No, I am not getting a flatcoat...................

3 comments:

Taryn said...

Yea Wicca! Great job to both of you!

onecollie said...

aww come on Amanda, we could totally co own Gulliver!! ...only he would live with me & I would show him & train him & well, he would be mostly mine ! :))

WigglyZack said...

Wow, Wicca was brilliant. Way to go!!