Saturday, November 27, 2010

Restoring Peace


editsnow055, originally uploaded by manymuddypaws.

Missy (the Jack Russell in the picture) has been living with me for longer than I care to count. Months folks, months. Since she has been with me there has been tension in the house with the other dogs- mostly Wicca. There have been more than a few scraps, and in the past two weeks it has come to a breaking point. Every day there has been a fight, or posturing, or just nastiness. I was ready to ship Missy off to the first person who said they could take her.

But before it came to that the perfect home appeared. She left this morning. I am so happy- for Missy to have found someone who will love her unconditionally, and understands her issues. I am most happy for me. Selfish, but true. Missy left an hour ago and already the tension is gone from the house. Everyone is relaxed. It is as peaceful as it gets with four dogs, and two cats in a small house. It is amazing.

I truly hope this this home is the last stop for Missy. I have a good feeling about it, but it won't hurt to keep all your fingers crossed for her. And I will enjoy having just my own dogs for a little while. :)

3 comments:

D.K. Wall said...

Like humans, not all dogs are meant to get along. We hope Missy has found her forever home and know that she appreciates you giving her a great foster home.

onecollie said...

hurray for Missy, :))

andrea said...

paws and fingers crossed that all will work out :)

I so know the feeling when peace is disturbed in the house :)