Wednesday, November 10, 2010

So much fun!

Boone had a blast last night at the barn. I took him last Thursday and just let him hang out and visit. Last night he actually got to work. He was incredibly happy and keen, which totally made my day.

We did some cool weave drills, and a bit of contact work. Nothing too fancy, but still I am pretty happy with how well he did. I am going to slowly bring him back to trial ready, and go from there.

The problems I was having with him before he was lost were focus issues. He could not stay focused for a long masters course- we will build up to that before I trial him. I want to make sure that "shut down" Boone does not appear. Maybe spring he'll be ready?

Oh, and Pixel and I have come up with a plan for the dogwalk. We are going back to a stop. She seemed to have no trouble remembering, which is good. I worked with her all week at home just on the travel board, and was able to do full dogwalks last night which was good. I think that we still have more work to do, but the foundation is there so it certainly makes it a bit easier of a change!

No comments: