Saturday, May 03, 2008

Success

This morning I went out and did some training- it was perfect weather- warm and sunny.
I set up a double box and put the tunnels on either end of the contacts.

Wicca-

weave pole entries- set up tunnels on either side- raced her through- used food and toys on the ground as distraction. 8 REPS- 7 succesful. Woohoo Wiccie!

180's- wanted to tighten up her path a bit as she tends to go a little wide- also wanted to push for bar knocking. I used the tunnels to build up speed and that is when we had some mistakes.

threadle- she is much better at responding now and we did 2 reps with no bars.

using the box for front cross practice- I did very good and practiced my timing alot. There isn't really alot of room for error with Wicca and I was overall pleased with how we did. My timing is still off- but Wicca did good despite me ;o)

Vito

Straight line jumping- practicing Go On's...Vito is energy efficient and after three reps decided that he had had enough. Cookie or not he went a layed in the shade.

Dogwalk- using tunnels to build speed. He did great- and I am working on increasing his drive and speed without me in the picture all the time. I worked on sending him ahead, and also me runnning by- which was hard for him but he did get it after a few reps.

I wanted to work on weave poles but I didn't want to over do it either so ended with him before I got to the poles. Next time I will start with the poles.

Boone-
did great!! he actually was able to work and learn. He was still worried but I kept moving with him, kept him focused on me and we got a fair amount of work done.

I noticed at the trial that Boone kind of hesitated up the dogwalk- I had never seen him do that before so I started with that and what do you know- he does hesitate- just a second or so, but enough for me to notice. I did some backchaining, racing and jackpotting for fast and smooth- no worrying.

Contacts- played the happiest place game- which he loves, and worked on his "target" behaviour without me in the picture. I need for him to be able to do things himself. I am going to practice more on my stairs at home because once he understands what I want he won't forget again. He's just that kind of dog.

Go Ons, Pin Wheels and Speed. - Using his goodie container really pumps him up so we worked on pin wheels, and forward drive down a line of jump. I am also teaching him how to find a line- even if it is not obvious so we are doing lots of pattern training.

Overall I was happy with all three of them. They each got about 15 minutes of actual work time- Wicca of course would have done much more, but I like to work on specific type things

No comments: