Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Regionals

Regionals are less than a month away now. I am not sure how I feel about that! I am not the tpye to be overly stressed or nervous about things like that but I am already starting to "feel the pressure."



Tonite we are going to practice some Gambles... Sarah designed them for our games class, but also for us to practice on...we will go early tonite to train before teaching....
I would say that Gamblers is our strongest point- Wicca has great distance, and obstacle discrimination. I am always thrilled when the gamble has a contact in it because it usually means that we can do it no problem. Weaves are a different story sometimes and if it is all jumps I worry about bars....I have been doing lots of jumping etc. at home when I can so I am hoping that all the extra training will pay off.
Jumpers is our weakest- not because of the jumps really but my struggle to remember the course. Seriously, it is a big issue for me. I have nightmares about Masters Jumpers. Wicca is still in Advanced Jumpers in AAC- mostly because *I* keep getting lost. I have been working on improving my memorization skills, and finding patterns etc. I think it is harder because they are all jumps. On a standard at least you can pick out the differences, and it is easier to remember!
Standards are my favorite I think. I like the challenge and flow that a standard gives, however it will really suck to have no table- in masters standard the table is gone...I will miss my five seconds to think.....
I have my list that I am slowly working on, I am feeling pretty confident with her lately and I am sure that will make a difference as well. I am forever telling my students to be more confident so I need to heed my own advice!!!

1 comment:

Jules said...

How exciting!