Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Toys, Toys, Toys

My dogs LOVE toys, they all have their favorites and over the years I have discovered what stands up and what doesn't. Here is a list of a few of the current favs, and the old stand bys!

Rubber:

Kongs- the dogs won't actually play with them but they get them before I leave the house or as a treat. I have three sizes, and the biscuit ball.

Rogz- they are known for their collars but the da bone has stood up great and is a favorite for sure!

Planet Dog- has lots of different toys, we have the orbee and the orbo with treat spot. The dogs haven't been able to destroy these and they will actually play with them

Westpaw Design- again has a lot of different toys, we have the huck and Vito adores it. He will sit and play all by himself with it.....no teeth marks either! We also have the s-s-snake...Sam loves it and will bring it to me to play tug with 100 times a day... (we also have an econap bed which my cat loves....)

Holee Roller- this was Vito's favorite last year and now it sits at the bottom of the toy box. It stood up fairly well though as long as the dog didn't sit and chew on it. Great Tug toy and easy to throw

Stuffed

Fatcat- these toys are by far the best stuffed toys ever. They are not indestructible by any means but they are tough! It is made with a heavy canvas material and they are double sewed and have few limbs. I have the lamb, the cow, and Bill Clinton :o)

Tuffies- these are very tough stuffed toys, that my dogs don't really like. They pretty much ignore it actually (they seem to only like stuffed toys they can wreck) My sisters little American Eskimo cross who is a toy destroyer did great with this toy though and is slowly working his way through the seam...but it's taking a long time!!!

Regular Stuffies don't last but we do seem to have a few kicking around. Vito has a cute little red heart that he adores and treats like his baby- he doesn't squeak it, just packs it around. It is pretty cute! There is also a hedgehog kickin' around somewhere. Those used to be Kate's absolute favorites. The Dr.Noys toys are great- we use them mostly in training so they stand up pretty good- not for every day play though.
I also just make fleece tugs of my own for them to play with- they love to tug- especially Sam so they have rip them to shreds and it hardly costs anything.
They of course all like tennis balls but I don't let them play with them at home much- I worry about their teeth. Kate has horribly worn down teeth from years of chomping on a tennis ball!

3 comments:

Jules said...

Now that I have my very own toy-destroyer I am going to have to check some of these out. The s-s-snake sounds interesting!

Katrin said...

I love how the only photos you have posted of dogs with toys are of Vito! He's such a cutie!! And so photogenic!

Currently a fav on my and James' list are the Cuz Toys. Monty Has Yet To Kill It!!!!!! And it's been nearly 2months (if not more!) And Obi's sharp puppy teeth haven't killed it either! James has been very, very happy!

Other than that- yeah kongs, braided fleece toys I make and nylabones are what litter the floor around here. We also have 2 of those Tire Bite things made of recycled car tires and I'm finding them very useful for teething puppies though the adult dogs really could care less about them.

Urban Smoothie Read said...

i think my dog is 'low drive'

i gave her the kong, she will work on it for few minutes. after that she will decide that is impossible to get the treats, then she just dump it away.