Thursday, May 08, 2008

101 Things...

Last night my advanced obedience work group consisted of two dogs so we changed it up a bit...one of my students is a recent clicker convert so we played a clicker game to get her timing better and understanding a bit more about what the clicker does. My all time favorite clicker game is 101 things to do with a box. So we shaped our dogs to associate somehow with the box. I I love to see the wheels turning and you could really see Tate working at figuring out what he was supposed to do. Tate is an older dog- 7. And until recently had never been exposed to the clicker. His mom has done a good job teaching him the basic C/T and I hope that she was excited to see how well it works!

Bosley of course made short work of his box and it was pretty flattened and chewed up by the time he was done with it!!! I guess that's the difference between a Collie and a Berner!!!

I brought Sam out to play and he had a great time poking, jumping, standing in the box- Sam is a great thinker and quickly will start offering behaviors...all to earn a little click. The box is a great way to hone your shaping skills and of course practice your timing!!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

that would have been fun!!

kaleb would have done what bosley did i am sure!!

p.s. you need to update Wicca's titles, come on slacker, she has her SMGDC (masters gamblers) and SSGDC (starters games), i think she would want to to put those there!!!

onecollie said...

I am very impressed with this clicker thing....my timing still sucks though! I'm also a geek at being able to hand a treat at the right time too!
We have already started learning our new "trick" with hopes to impress you next week.....I'm not telling what it is, you'll just have to wait!