Friday, May 23, 2008

Oh Joy....

Sam has decided (along with half the daycare dogs) that going outside in the rain is not something he wishes to do anymore. Instead he holds it until it is not physically possible anymore and then explodes in my kitchen. Uh huh. Nice.

You see, it is raining here, for the third day in a row. We don't get rain here. Barely Ever. So three days of the wetstuff and everyone is whining and crying about how horrible and icky it is. I agree. Rain is not fun if you have dogs. My carpeted stairs may never recover from the all the muddy feet...I didn't pick my user name for nothing!

The dogs deal with the rain and resulting mud all differently..
Wicca doesn't go out of her way to avoid the puddles, but she doesn't enjoy it all that much. Her ears go low, and her eyes all squinty...But she would happily play agility in the rain!
Vito seems to actually enjoy the rain. I think he was one of the few daycare dogs yesterday to actually do his business outside. Vito loves to be dirty and will roll, and play in any available puddle.....And like I mentioned before Sam hates the rain..Sam hates water period.....and Boone, well he doesn't seem to mind all that much- he will still go out, race around the yard like mad, do his little Boone dance, roll in the grass and then come in soaking wet, looking like some sort of drowned chicken...he is the funniest looking dog when he is wet...the crappy part about Boone getting wet is the resulting need for a brush. He mats quickly and they are almost impossible to get out after he's been in the rain!

Rain also means more work for me...
All of my "dog" towels have been used up which is forcing me to do laundry on a non laundry day...ugh. I had to go out and get a second mop/bucket for the entrance way as I was sick of hauling my current one back and forth...it seems like I am mopping most of the day! The dogs will all need baths when the rain finally stops, and the carpet cleaner will have to come out...
oh the joys of rain...

Oh and to top it all off it is supposed to rain all weekend (until Monday)- which is going to make teaching an agility seminar tomorrow morning outdoors really fun.

4 comments:

Diana said...

I can totally relate to this. My two chihuahuas will stand at the door and look out. If they see rain, "uh, no thanks" and turn around. If I carry them out there they will just stand there and not move. Diana

Anonymous said...

Aaawww, Boone is such a cutie even when wet!

Sarah said...

wow you really hate the rain!

for some reason my guys don't seem to mind it!!! Though yesterday they did get a little stir crazy!!

I bet the daycare must be fun!!! sarcasm here

how wet do your dogs get?? I've only gone through two towels - your dogs must roll in puddles!!!

I bought my self rubber boots they are my new favourite thing!!! you gotta get some!

Anonymous said...

Heh, I wouldn't suggest moving to Oregon then. And let me say, it doesn't matter how many years your dog has lived in the rain - a princess is a princess, they never stop acting like they melt when wet.

Heather and All (with the red clay backyard and the white carpet!)
www.BrisbeeTheWhite.com