Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Itchy


Sam has been itchy for the past week or so- and I assumed it was just the season- all of the dogs are shedding like mad and I can only imagine how itchy that makes them. Anyway- after he spent the weekend at Wendy's (and I realised how much he was shedding) I gave him a thorough brushing yesterday- discovering a bunch of hot spots all over his back. No wonder he was so itchy!!!




I gave him a nice cool bath with some medicated shampoo and that has helped to take the itch away. I also am using Panalog on the really bad ones. Poor Guy! He HATES baths. Really, really Hates them. But he will have a to have a few of them over the next week or so to help get rid of the sores.




And in typical Sam style otherwise he is happy and as goofy as normal- quite content to play with his toys and beat up his brother! Nothing brings this dog down I swear!




***these pics are courtesy of Wendy. Sam apparently had LOTS of fun this past weekend!***

*note- you can see in the top picture how his right foot- turned out and not on the ground- that is where the limp is. Also in the picture right above you can see how he turns it out. He does that to make it more comfortable. Because of the way he uses that leg the nails always grow weird on it. Not that he cares, but the pictures illustrate really well how he limps. * Oh, and that cute dog next to him is Coulee (of crazyandlittle.blogspot.com)

4 comments:

Brittany said...

Just curious...What do hot spots look like?

My boy Patriot has one spot on his side where much of the hair is gone. He hasn't been itching but I have never seen a hot spot so I was wondering.

the Corgi Girls said...

We LOVE Sam! Poor thing, all scratchy, hope it all heals soon. It sure does look like he had alot of fun that weekend!!!

;o)
Corgi love,
M & I

Jules said...

Great pictures of Sam!

Nicki said...

OK-I know i've never examined your dog, but holding the leg to the side like that at a sit is often typical of a cruciate injury. I know you have been to a lot of vets but sure seems suspicious to me. Good luck with the hot spots!