Monday, April 28, 2008

P'n'E trial

We had a great weekend- Sarah's little dog Jane earned her SILVER AWARD OF MERIT! YAY! Jane is an awesome little dog who has given her all every run. She is nine (almost) and doesn't trial as much as she used to but still manages to kick some serious ass. Good Girl Janie!

oh, and I know Sarah is itching to scream it from the roof tops- Gyp had the fastest time in Masters Jumpers. Uh Huh. Really. Beat the lab, the bc's, the bearded collies. Sarah had nice tight lines, her threadle was perfect and yup. Fastest time. Too bad Amanda missed it when she was getting Kaleb ready.

Our students all did great and between us all we brought home 25 Q's this weekend! It was awesome to see our students do so great- Maggie, Tag, Stoker, BB, and Pearlie all did great!

Okay- onto my news.
Wicca was a little wild after being off for a few weeks. She didn't have any really stupid moments however the theme of the weekend was off course. ;o) She really wasn't taking direction very well, and perhaps part of that is my handling. We have lots of things to work on! Thank freakin' god the snow melted on the weekend.

So you will never beleive it but Wicca earned an Advanced Snooker Q. Yup. That's right. The dog who took 2 years to earn one lousy starters snooker q, earned an advanced one just like that. It was a great snooker though- the number 7 combo was tunnel, tunnel, weave. and the number 6 was a teeter. So I did two 7's and a 6....we made it to the end of 6 before the whistle. Go Wiccie Go!

Team tri color b*thches did great and we earned our first Masters Team Q- I told Sarah that she is never allowed to fault because Wicca and I need those five faults- and true to form we blew a weave entry right off the bat. Thank god for the five fault rule in team!

Steeplechase and Standards both had off courses, and knocked bars. Over the whole weekend I think she knocked about 5. Which isn't horrible, but it's not very good. Jump Grids, Jump Grids, Jump Grids...coming our way!

Masters Gamblers was very difficult and there wasn't much in the way of points. The 4 point obstacle was a jump so after we knocked that the first time around I tried to get points via contacts. We got the gamble no problem- although for some reason not too many did! - but we were short two points. ;o(

And as I blogged about earlier this week I entered Boone in two events. A standard on Saturday and Jumpers on Sunday. He has been to the barn before and is quite comfortable there. He didn't have a fright all weekend, and was happy and tail wagging the whole time! I was so proud of him just in general. One of the Judges is a Pyr Shep breeder- so I got to meet his little dog Loki- who is super cute and is very fast, and very wild Boone thought he was pretty cute !

I am still training weaves so I knew that if there were 12 weaves I would pass them- there were so when I walked the course I planned to not do them. Boone ran it great! He held his start line, had lots of forward focus and he was happy! Not stressed at all, just happy. He had poor commitment to the a-frame and I resent him up. His table was cute, but he thought five seconds was too long- ;o) We'll have to work on that! He had a great time and I was very happy with him.

Sunday he sat around all day- Jumpers was the last event of the weekend- so we played alot while we waited- he showed off his tricks and just had an all around good time visiting. I got the comment "he's the friendliest Pyr Shep...." alot. Which makes me feel really good as I have worked very hard with this dog. Pyr Shep or not he is not allowed to act like a dork. Anyway- the jumpers course was very easy, 15 obstacles, nice and smooth. The only "difficult" part for novice dogs would be the 180 off a pinwheel. I also needed to lead out a little more- and crossed my fingers that he would be okay with it.

He did awesome. He ran faster than he has ever before (26.07 and the fastest time in Starters) and we Q'd! Everyone was very happy for the little guy as they all remember him when I first got him. I was so proud of him it almost made me cry! He has really changed alot and has turned into a great dog.

I am very happy with both dogs- and the trial was a good way to see what I have to work on. Wicca's wraps were great- her discrimination was OK. And her start line sucked. We have lots to work on!
With Boone we are going to tackle the weave pole issues, get his contacts down, and teach him a rear cross! Hopefully we can get him over his nervousness at the field. I will keep you all posted!

----------------
Wicca- Adc. Snooker Q! 43 Points
Mas Team- 63.10 Q- wicca 5 faults/weave entries
Stplechase 1/2 - OFF COURSE, knocked bar
Standard 1/2- OFF COURSE, knocked bars.
Mas. Gamblers- really hard opening- not very many points. got the gamble but short two points! That has never happened before. Knocked double abd 2 singles. Would have had enough points!
Adv. Jumper- awesome run, knocked bar.

Boone-
Std. 1- didn't commit to a-frame, got up on table. Good jump commitment and forward focus. hesitant teeter.
Jumpers- did awesome! A little wide on turns, but much more confident than Saturday. Q!!
----------------

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I was soooooo proud of boone I just couldn't believe it, wow he was great, i've never seen his tail wag so much, he is such a happy and willing dog!! great things to come for him!!

Wicca did great too, with some stellar runs, you should be proud!

I am sooooo proud of how our group did too, pretty WICKED!!!!!!!!

haha thanks for mentioning my doggies, it means a lot :)

Jules said...

Wow!! sounds like a great, great weekend. Congrats.

onecollie said...

That is fantastic Amanda, way to go!!......so happy for you that Boone is doing so well too!

Kim said...

Another snooker Q - that is great!

Boone did so well, what a good, happy dog he was this weekend. I loved watching him run - his tail never stopped wagging. You have done such a great job with him and what a well deserved Q.

Katrin said...

Congrats!!!