Sunday, April 06, 2008

Busy Weekend

Wow! It seems like I have gotten a lot done this weekend! All of the dogs are wiped out and are sound asleep already.

Saturday we went herding and had a blast- as usual! I decided that the boys would benefit more than Wicca at this point so just teased her by letting her come and watch- and not get to play. Mean. I know ;o)

Boone was first and he did great- he was confident and very bossy. It is so neat to see him like that as normally he is the meekest of all my dogs. He had no problem getting them out of the corners- and is really starting to figure out what I want from him. He is very good at moving out and around them and is far better at understanding the sheep than I am!

Vito was a little bugger and had lots of "bad" moments- he was pretty much chasing them around like a mad man until Scott beaned him with the bag. After that he cued into what we wanted from him. He is learning to be calm around them and to move away from the pressure.

Jenny took a few pictures- you can see them on her website. Otherwise- no pictures!! Jolayne went for the first time with her dog Tag and he did awesome! I videod for her and she videoed each of the boys- so I will post that when I get it.
------------


Today I went out for a few hours of training and got a ton done with each dog. I was there for about three hours and did pretty much everything that was on my list.
Boone was less freaked out than before and I even managed to do some actual training- we worked on contacts- played the happiest place game, and he tugged on his toy for a mili-second! Yay for Boonie! He also co-operated with my photo shoot, and actually was interested in the Corgis game of find the gopher. He is coming around really quick out there and I think in a few weeks will be perfectly fine out there !



Vito hasn't had much training in the way of agility lately so I did a lot with him- broken up of course into small five minute sessions. We worked on contacts- the dog walk- sending him ahead of me. I used a pole in the ground to send him around and then to C/T for speed across the dogwalk. I used food on the target- and he was totally into that. ;o)
We also worked on jumping- straight line to a tunnel and back up the line to the toy. And- he tugged- yup. He really liked his wubba today and was fetching and tugging. I was very happy with him. We worked on the teeter and the a-frame as well.



Wicca worked on weave entries. We did pull throughs, and worked on distance for gambles. I also worked on getting rid of the creep and curl on the dogwalk when I am far behind or not moving. It worked great- and she had lots of fun. I worked on wrapping jumps too- and did some box work. She knocked only two bars the whole time and had a lot of success.

It was a very productive day and I was happy with how the session went. I got some great pictures!

note- wicca was very happy to be back in the field and is doing her best to keep those gophers in line!

4 comments:

Jules said...

That last picture of Wicca is awesome!!

So cool - sounds like it was a grat weekend all around.

Sarah said...

LMAO, that photo of wicca is priceless!

Jennifer said...

I love that picture of Wicca with her little face scrunched up against the wire! What a silly girl!

onecollie said...

Wicca is giving you that look because you wouldn't let her herd on Sat.! Good girl Wicca, you tell her what you thought about that!